sunnuntai 24. kesäkuuta 2018

JUNE THOUGHTS Attention Caught

Haha always the tricky "How to start?"


Okay, so good news!

I have a job now (thankyou God!) at a local burger place in my city. Its a job with a lot of pressure, so that's quite new to me since the jobs before this have been mainly cleaning and two weeks of different summer jobs here and there. Its interesting to have so many different people working with me and I'm surprised with how many small details there are to learn as well. Getting more used to it as more and more shifts come and go though, so I'm praying it will flow out of my system in no time. Honestly there have been days when I doubt myself and feel like I'm such a pain in the butt to my co- workers, but haha they've all been there so its actually okay to feel like a pain in the butt as long as everyone sticks to mutual respect and understanding right?! I have so much more respect for people working in these kinds of jobs, especially during shifts when there seems no end to the line of customers.

Another place and opportunity for me to put into practise everything I've learned before, during and after DTS. (The financial part is really great too though haha after being unemployed for over 3 months.)


Another thing;

 there are a lot of great things happening in my city when it comes to churches working together, but also in each church individually as things are changing and new seeds are being planted. There have been a lot of good conversations about different spiritual matters and especially with people from the church I serve in as we truly are going deeper into quite basic subjects like; how does the Holy Spirit move in our church? What does worship mean for us? How can we take care of each other? Accountability? Critisism? Lifting each other up? And so much more! Its been so encouraging and SO exciting! I can't wait to see what kind of fruit is being planted in this season. Let revival come! 
PRAISE JESUS!


My next step?

So a lot of people have been asking me about my next step. I've been trying my best to be careful as to what I say and with what confidence, because to be honest I'm still praying about it a lot.

I'm hoping to be back in South Africa by the end of this year. Sometimes I get insecure about it when I realize I haven't thought much about it at times and that makes me start questioning my love and heart for this wonderful country and that escalates to me asking God if it really is the place He is sending me to for this next season?
In those moments I am constantly reminded with everything I love about this place. The people, the culture, the joy, glimpses of the Kingdom that I've only had the honor to see and experience there specifically and of course YWAM in itself. I really feel like there is a place being prepared for me to serve in an international environment that not only works with discipleship, but also has so many other branches into the local communities and their needs. Its a place where one grows and has to step into a lot of challenges as well. And for me, it feels like the next place to be.
I have two options on my mind as to what I would be doing in SA and I feel like God is really just sitting back and waiting to see which one I'll pick, which on the otherhand is quite uncomfortable for me since I'd love for Him to just confirm one or the other for me and then that would be it haha.

  • So I've thought about staffing a DTS starting in January (staff training befor that) and I feel like it would be a really good thing for me to do and a super good experience to learn more about leadership and discipleship in this specific international environment when different cultures and stories from around the world come together. (so interesting and wonderful really, not to mention challenging haha!) So this would be another 6 months in SA for me. Pray with me!
  • The other option is that I would go to SA to volunteer with the YWAM Muizenberg Media Team for three months, which would also fit me perfectly because as most of you know photography has been a thing of mine for quite a few years already and I have a heart to serve with this gift as well. Internationally as well as in Finland too. Also I'm quite eager to go deeper into capturing moments of Heaven meeting earth in this place. Pray with me!
  • There's actually a third option as well, but if that would be the case then I would be combining the two of these and start off by staffing the DTS and then continuing on to volunteer with Base Media. Gotta trust God with finances and boy oh boy that's a tough lesson to be in at times! Pray with me haha!
So, you can all imagine the amount of thoughts, questions and prayers on my mind right now, but please know that I really am enjoying life now in Finland. My family, friends and the different events going on are amazing and God is doing wonderful things in this country! I kind of feel like God is refilling some areas in my heart for a new found love for this place although I've always seen this place as home of course. I feel like a year from now I will be back here, hopefully starting to study either to become a professional photographer/graphic designer/visualist (some options there) or Youth Ministry (maybe even pastoral…)
I do feel like I will keep serving with YWAM in different ways and probably might do some specific courses within my field(s) at different bases around the world (perhaps SA all the time haha hey sistahs and brothas!)
But, I am one to not plan too far ahead, because its easy for me to get carried away. I would really appreciate all prayers when it comes to my next steps and this new season. Prayers for Finland and prayers for South Africa, prayers for my church in Jyväskylä and prayers for YWAM Muizenberg. A lot of places and people on my heart and a lot of dreams too.

I want to thank everyone who has been and currently is walking this journey with me whether through prayer, financial support, face to face (FaceTime counts too haha) conversations and fellowship. Even through texting on Whatsapp. Its all such a great big blessing and you all deserve a great big hug for that!! I miss many of you a lot though.

So many people out there that have my heart and have a special fingerprint on my life. Hopefully you know who you are. 


Oh I almost forgot!
I've been asked a few times now since I got home, if I could in any way be able to come and volunteer as a Coach at Teenstreet (Germany) at the end of the summer. I did tell these people that I haven't planned this into my financial situation and so I say each time that I would come in an instant if only I had the finances for it! Now there is an opportunity for me to be sponsored to go and serve, so please join in prayer and if you're interested in sponsoring me as well, please message me or the TeenStreet OM Office (Finland). I really have a heart for this week- long- camp and its been a life- changer in my journey with God as well, so I hope this will happen! I also feel like I have a lot to give and having the opportunity to journey with a smallgroup of younger girls would be a DREAM. 

Also, I have a wedding in Switzerland (if finances turn up) where I would be the photographer on the 4th of August, which would be perfect, since Teenstreet ends on the 4th but I could already leave for Switzerland on the 3rd! Seems too fitting to be possible but all glory to God! I already sent a wish to my boss for a week off from work for this time, so I really hope this happens.

I feel so honored and thankful to have people in my life that see potential in me to do so many different kinds of things!! Kind of gives me a glimpse into my Heavenly Father's perspective of me and what He knows I'm capable of doing. We are so loved and understood by our Father my friends, sisters and brothers!! Lets keep pursuing Him and His plan for our lives, realizing that it really does matter what He thinks and its always for our best interest. (Even when we don't see that aspect of it ourselves, which is quite often isn't it?)


I wonder what else I should say..

I'm happy. And I hope you are too. Life isn't easy, but it's so good with God.
Papa God is good and all the time. Ewe!

Have an amazing summer! Until we meet again…

(photo cred to Mitch)


I WROTE A POEM/SPOKEN WORD (whatever you want to call it) WHILE ON OUTREACH DURING DTS. THOUGHT I WOULD FINISH THIS OFF BY SHARING IT WITH YOU:

"The stem was bending to the left

the wind was strong

a petal slowly fell to the ground

and that ground turned

into a river.

The petal was carried along by the stream

a drop of water fell on top of it

and the sun kissed it, making it sparkle.

The petal drifted along

dancing with the flow of the water

until a sudden touch came along and

it found itself in an ocean of petals

each one embracing the other

and as a whole,

making it perfectly beautiful to gaze upon

by every person passing by

making them stop and stare

at the wonder of beauty."



Bye loves!

-Kat

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti